Here I am!
Over here! The top left picture is beets (I don't know why they gave us those because I don't want 'em!) which Greg loves (so I need a good recipe for beets!), Italian parsley, and leeks; Above: some monster French carrots from Acadian Family Farms! Look how beautiful those are! To the left is an acorn squash that I can barely fit in my hand. FABULOUS!
Below are cherry tomatoes, slicing tomatoes, Meyer Lemons, and a crookneck/zucchini squash cross from Montesino Farm. Next we have bananas (I LOVE YOU BANANAS!) and barely visible red potatoes; below that freshly harvested Naegelin Farm Okra! I can't wait! And some GORGEOUS lettuce. Not pictured: green beans, corn on the cob, green shallots, and an Austin Chronicle :)
We get the Local Box each week as we are trying to eat locally, but you can pick any box they have and change it up as you like. They have lots to choose from! Try their organic chocolate....oh it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. We stick with what's in the Local Box to try to eat in season, too. We figure it's better for us and frankly, I need all the help I can get. And they never disappoint!
Did I tell you these guys were the best or what??? If you want to try them out, I even have a 10% off your first oder coupon. Just let me know and I'll send it your way. They bring the whole shebang to you, so no driving to your local CSA which is good for us as we are busy. I think it's good only one car is out on the road instead a bunch driving to pick it up. The leave it in a cooled container on your doorstep if you aren't home and then they pick it up the next time you have an order. If ever there's a problem, they are quick to fix it, too.
I really like these guys a lot and I hope you do, too. I feel a lot better since we started buying and eating local, fresh, organic food. It could all be placebo, of course, but I don't think so. I remember when I was little...how GOOD watermelon, tomatoes, chicken, etc. tasted. Grocery store food doesn't taste like that. THIS does. And it's about the same price you'd pay at Whole Foods or cheaper. We always have food left over. There's plenty.
Come by my house sometime and I'll give you a free sample and you can taste for yourself. -And no, they aren't paying me! :) I just love them that much! I LOVE YOU GREENLING! Thank you for keeping me healthy!


3 comments:
I think those are the same guys that my friends Scott and Gabi get their produce from (Scott's the guy who owns Triple Crown tattoo). I tried one of their heirloom tomatoes, it was pretty awesome.
WOW! those look GOOD!!!!! i love me some veggies. i wish they had something like that around here.
i'm sure dwight schrute has a good beet recipe you could try.
chrys
Why do I live in this pit again?
I want a "local" box delivered to my door.
Post a Comment