Thursday, June 12, 2008

Did I Get It All Done?

Errr...no. But I did do a lot today. I got most of the quilt fabric washed and as an added bonus...I put it all up in new bins! RECYCLED bins!!! So now it's almost all washed and what is clean is organized. Whew. What a chore. But I got some killer fabric from my grandma that used to be my great-grandmother's. I am a lucky girl. Who doesn't love polyester! :)

I did make dinner. I also made angel food cake to go with the raspberries. I used the zucchini we got from Greenling so it wouldn't go bad and made some zucchini bread and muffins. Those will freeze well and I can eat one for breakfast tomorrow. I also made cucumber salad with cucumbers from our garden. We had a lot of cucumbers and they aren't going to last forever. I made it with the yogurt we got over the weekend at the farmer's market. It is delicious.

I unloaded/reloaded the dishwasher; wiped off the counters; thawed chicken for tomorrow; cleaned out the fridge; wiped "down" the stove...but it's not spotless...so I can't put a check by that box.

I did hang up the new curtains in the bedroom. I also vacuumed. It really needed it. I dusted the bedroom as well. I didn't really work out, but I did work up a sweat a few times and walked up and down the stairs about a million times, so I'm calling it good for today.

I went to the grocery store, hung out with Greg for a bit before he went back to work, and played with the cats. I have a full day planned for tomorrow, too. I am ready to get started building a Hoosier (style) cabinet for the kitchen. That is one project I'd like to do this summer. That and make some quilts. I have some family in need of covers. I also have some work to the outside of the house that needs to be done, but we may have to wait a few more months on that - money-wise. If it's not time...it's money, right?

I am so appreciative of the time I have off right now and that I am able to get some of these things done that I have wanted to get done. I have lots of projects that need doing. I know quilt fabric washing doesn't sound very exciting, but it certainly satisfies my OCD.

Tonight I am making an inspiration board for the kitchen. I really want to repaint the cabinets. I don't think we're going to be able to remodel them any time soon. And I'm tired of looking at those old ugly things. So I'm hoping my inspiration board will not only inspire me, but my hubs as well. If we can get the Hoosier cabinet built and the cabinets painted, it'll look like a whole new kitchen!

But first...our Bat Extravaganza is next weekend. I hope that you are excited! We sure are!

And finally, I did NOT hang up my hang-up clothes or get rid of my migraine. DANG!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your days make me tired.

LOL