Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Shitty Co-workers

I have some pretty shitty co-workers. I mean...really shitty. Today was the last work day before Thanksgiving break. They had everyone bring something for a potluck during lunch. I worked yesterday at this school. ALL DAY LONG. I heard them talking about it. They stood in my DOORWAY and talked about it. Did they invite me? No.

So, I thought, no biggie.

Well, today, I'm back at that school and all day long people are coming in and out of the office with huge plates of food and desserts. Did anyone ask me if I wanted to join them or I had brought anything??? No. Not a single teacher, office personnel or staff member. NOT ONE.

Now, I can see that perhaps they thought one of the others had done it. But they do this to me all the time. Like EVERY MORNING when they go send someone out for breakfast or EVERY DAY when they send someone out for lunch or they plan to all bring something the next day for lunch. They NEVER ask me if I want anything. NEVER. They'll walk past my office to one of the assistant principal's offices, but stop by mine???? NEVER.

So, you might think, well maybe it's because you're not there everyday. Well, they include Mary, my assistant, who isn't there everyday either. They ALWAYS include her. She came in at 1:30 this afternoon and the first thing they asked her is if she wanted to go get some food...they had a huge spread and so many left overs. Then at 3:15 they announced overhead that anyone who wanted to take any of the leftovers home could go to the break room and take what they wanted, even if you didn't bring anything.

I know it's petty....honestly, but it's hurtful. The thing is, I don't know why they would be that way. I've brought them homemade jelly - TWICE. I bring them treats all the time. I go out of my way to be nice to them. It just really hurt my feelings today and I'm already dealing with a lot of other crappy stuff right now. And to make matters worse, before I left yesterday, one of them asked me if I was spending Thanksgiving alone and I told her yes. So she knew I was already having a hard time AND was shitty on top of that.

I just don't get it. Seriously....I don't get it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm soooo sorry andybelle. mean people suck... you don't want their crappy food anyway!! come see me and we'll go dancing!!! xoxoxo love you!!!
mindybelle

Anonymous said...

*HUG*

Usually I only hate on Christmas, but this year I am hating on Thanksgiving too...the mean and nasty side of people seems to be coming out in spades.

I'm sorry hon.