Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day / Other stuff

Inauguration day. I know most people are going ga-ga over it. The TVs at school are even on. Personally...I don't care. In fact, I couldn't care less. I didn't care when Bush was inaugurated - either time. Or Clinton. Or anyone else. BORING. I know it's "history-making" this time because he's African American. But seriously, let's once and for all take the race card out of it (PLEASE GOD! CAN'T WE JUST STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD????) and focus on what he will actually DO as president???? If he were white...100% white.... people wouldn't be making such a big deal about it.

But honestly, I don't care if he's purple, green, Martian, a dwarf, or whatever. Just do something different...something RIGHT for our country. We've been headed in such a terrible direction. Our economy is so bad. People are losing their jobs left and right. He's been left with a pretty big mess to clean up and a Congress that is iffy at best. Hopefully he'll make some good decisions and lead the Congress to make some good decisions as well.

We'll see. I'm not expecting much. But I am hoping.

***********************

Other stuff:

I've been sewing and catching up on "Lost" all weekend. I am about 1/2 way through season 3 now. Once I get done with these marathon sessions...what the heck will I do with all my spare time??? :) I made some cute things for Dusti's baby, but I may give them to someone else's baby and re-do them for Dusti in different fabrics. Not sure yet. Either way, they are precious!!! I made some pillow covers, too, for some pillows Aunt Monica gave me.

I didn't do much with the vacation pictures this weekend as I was busy sewing and "Lost-ing". But they are all pretty much ready to go, short of shrinking them down to viewable size and not poster-size.

OK, I better get busy working. I hope you all have a great day and enjoyed your MLK Holiday (if you got to enjoy it). Don't spend all day watching the inauguration. They'll replay it OVER and OVER and OVER again for the next 10 million years on some station in case you miss anything. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he will do wonderful things.. just you wait!!! :) whether he is black/white/martian/purple.. whatever.. he is change and we need it. :) love you!! be positive...:) mindybelle