Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Scoop

Howdy! It's been a bit since I last blogged. I went to Houston/Magnolia this weekend to help my parents move and to take a little break from reality. It was VERY NICE!!! Their new house and property is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Seriously serene and puts you in a great mood. It's got lots of trees and lots of nice open ground, too. It has a little guest cottage in the back that will be really cute once it's fixed up.

I will post some before pictures at some point. The last hurricane knocked down a BUNCH of trees on the property, so they are having to have it cleared out. It's incredible how much ground came up with the roots and how BIG they were. I'm glad I wasn't there when THAT was going on!

I got to spend time with my nephew Cody and my sister Tori, too. I got to see Dusti and Little Bear for a bit, too. It was good to see them. I went out with Tori one night - intending to see Harry Potter - but we ended up just hanging out with some of her friends and getting home late. Neither one of us felt that great the next day. :) But we had a lot of fun and didn't cause any trouble or end up in jail. So win-win!

I leave for Vegas tomorrow to spend some time with my cousins Monte and Deb. I am really looking forward to it, although I am nowhere near ready to go. I am doing laundry as we speak. It's good I'm not having much down time. It keeps my mind occupied. There is a STRONG possibility that I have a new job. I won't know for sure until next week, but if it all goes well, I'll be making more money and not have NEAR the stress that I have now. I'll keep you updated and you keep your fingers crossed! :) If I do get it, I will start pretty soon...a little sooner than I had expected with my current job. But it's all good.

Sugar Ray went back to the SPCA and it really broke my heart. I miss him a lot, but it was for the best and they LOVE him up there. They are putting him in a foster home until he gets done with his heart worm treatment and then they'll find him a forever home. I think actually one of the girls there may take him. So I know he is in GREAT hands!!!!

Well, that's all the news I have for now. I am enjoying this cloudy lovely day! I hope you are, too.

No comments: