Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010....Here we go!

It's a new decade...a new year. Thank goodness for me 2009 is over. It was tough for a lot of people. But good for some! Dusti had baby Brynn, finished her real estate school, passed her test, and landed a pretty good job. She took up running again and looks fabulous!!! Tori got to travel a lot and see lots of new places! She also recently got married. Hope got married, too. Hope got a job at Macy's and I am so proud of her!!! She is a good mommy and I know she can over come any obstacle in her path. We'll leave all the bad things out right now and concentrate on the good.

I moved into my own apt and left Austin ISD to work at Georgetown ISD. This was a very good decision on my part. I only have one school now, great hours, good benefits and I work with the BEST bunch of people ever. I am blessed to have found this job. I also opened up an Immunization Clinic at my school through the Texas Vaccines For Children Program. Now kiddos in Georgetown can come and get their shots from me vs. going to the doctor. NO MORE EXCUSES! LOL! I have done a couple of immunization clinics for the community as well. I have some really great new friends who are a positive influence on my life.

Daddy Randy retired and I know Mom wants to as well. I do, too. :) I love playing retirement with Daddy Randy. Mom and Randy moved from Spring to Magnolia and bought a house with some property. The deer come out every night to feed. It has a pretty cool guest house (or game house as we call it). And they got a new puppy named Copper. He is such a pill!!! But sooo darn cute.

Darrel got to be home for Christmas for the first time in a few years. Keli changed her major to Psychology. Cody turned 16!!!! And Regan did really well at UIL and her dance classes.

BJ, Angela and the kids spent Thanksgiving with us which was super cool. We played games and had a great time. We had an early Thanksgiving with Devin and Traci, so we've been Holidaying since mid-November. It's good to have such a big, loving family.

I am hoping this new year...this new decade...brings a great amount of joy and happiness for us all. We already know we have some tough times ahead with our Grandpa on Hospice, but we will deal with our troubles as they come and enjoy each moment of goodness that we can.

I may do some more video blogging, too. Not too many people come visit me, so when I get my Flip up and running again, I'll be posting some videos of my apt and my school and other things I think are pretty cool.

Well, I don't really have much going on at this very second, so I'm going to take some time and clean up my apt before I start my videoing. :) I hope you all are well. Much love to you all.

No comments: