Little kitties didn't wake me up this morning which was very, very nice. However, my internal alarm clock said "GET UP!" so at 5:30, I was wide awake. I managed to doze back off until around 6:30. I finally gave up and got up.
Last night was a lot of fun! I am so glad we put up the peaches and the blackberries. They look GREAT! I put a lot of effort into the peaches. Selecting only the best, non-bruised, juiciest, best-smelling ones, carefully carrying them so they wouldn't get bruised, meticulously preparing them, adding two VERY EXPENSIVE vanilla beans, etc. etc. And you know how they paid me back? Those bitches popped hot boiling jam onto my chin. OUCH!#@%*!!!!
It immediately blistered up. If I were to have a soul patch, that's where my burn is located. DANG! It still hurts real bad. And the worst part was I had to keep stirring the jam continuously! So I had to have G help me wipe it off. :( Bad times. The blistering is popped today and now it's all raw and sore and gross. But it does look WAY better than I thought it would. Thanks a lot peach jam. I'm going to eat you! HA!
One of the cats is sick. I'm going to guess it's Mr. Jingles, but I can't be sure. You never know with these guys. Sneaky monkeys. I have cleaned up two vomits in as many days. It's not immediately after or even an hour or two after his medicine, so I am not 100% sure it's him, but he'd be my guess. He has been moaning a lot when it's bed time. If I move on the bed he moans. His foot looks better, so I'm thinking he just doesn't feel well. Poor big kitty. :(
2nd Annual Bat Extravaganza - Potluck Picnic Sign up sheet is below. Don't forget it's next weekend! If you are planning on attending, let me know! The more, the merrier! I am very excited and can't wait to see everyone!!! It's a family friendly event, so bring the kiddos!
We'll picnic and then watch the bats from the Ann Richards Memorial Congress Street Bridge. I know you'll be as thoroughly amazed as I am every time we watch them. It's just unbelievable. Afterward, everyone will head back over to our house for some drinks and snacks and fun times! Come check out our garden and our composter! We've worked really hard on them and want to show them off.
If you need a place to stay, I think we still have some floor space available, so bring a sleeping bag or blow up mattress and it's yours! (Or I can make you a pallet. I'm a GREAT pallet maker from WAAAYYYYY back.) If not, there are some reasonably priced hotels around as well.
Bat Extravaganza Sign-up List:
Andy - lemon blossoms
Greg - brownies
Dora and LD - Adobo chicken (correct?)
Keli and Darrel -
Misty and Ryan (maybe) -
Ricky (maybe) -
Paul and Rose -
Shannon -
Dusti and Chad -
I know I am forgetting people. I can't think of everyone. I need to go check my MySpace. I'll post this there, too. Can't wait and I hope that many more of you decide to join us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
maybe the peaches are mad at you!!love, mindy!
Damn those peaches! Love those Blackberries!!!
I still don't know what to bring...
Post a Comment