Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Hamburgers

Well, once again I have spent a couple of hours trying to figure out the best way to post pictures on this blog and all I get are a blob of pictures in no particular order that don't fit in correctly with my text. :( Please bear with me while I learn this site! I am hoping this post will turn out different than the one I have been trying to put up for you!

G and I cooked some old school hamburgers last night for Father's Day. WOO HOO! We smelled our neighbors cooking out so we decided we needed a charcoal grill, too. We haven't had one since we've been married, so we went to get one. We figured this would be a good weekend to get one...maybe a sale. But, no. Only on the big grand-daddy gas ones, and even then...not so much.

So here's what we bought:





And here is what you put in it: lump coal (apparently) in a chimney






G in his most BBQ manly ways. I was afraid to go too close after the "boiling jam to the face" incident Saturday night.



Here's an action shot of burgers cooking - watch out Food Network!



And the big payoff! G on the left, then me. He likes mustard...I'm a mayo girl. We drank Ginger Beers with them. YUMMY! (It's not real beer.)



We used organic produce, organic mustard, olive oil mayo (which is GREAT! and less calories than regular mayo) whole wheat buns, and no antibiotics/hormones pastured beef. So all-in-all, a pretty healthy dinner - for a hamburger!

We installed a new LED solar-powered light in the backyard. Here's what it looks like:


And finally, we are picking cucumbers like this almost on a daily basis from our garden. I will be making a cucumber salad for the Bat Extravaganza in addition to lemon blossoms. Unless, that is, you guys want me to make something different with the cucumbers. Just let me know.




We meet with a re-fi lady today about our house, so I better go get ready. I hope you all are doing well. Much love to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the picture placement was great! You are really getting the hang of this site! And after looking at those burger pics, I'm freakin' hungry!!!