Sunday, June 29, 2008

July 4th

I meant to tell you about the upcoming week, too.

Friday is Independence Day and also our first anniversary (what an oxymoron!). G and I will be going to Auditorium Shores for the fireworks. Next to Christmas, Independence Day is my favorite holiday. I'm really excited about being able to see thefireworks this year. - KNOCK ON WOOD!-

Last year we missed them because it was "too hot" to shoot them off in Vegas. Seriously, too hot. It WAS 130F on the strip, so I guess they were afraid of spontaneous combustion or something. I was bummed. I was also really sick, so it ended up being ok. Boy, that was one rough week! :)

"I hope I don't throw up on you."

This year, we are packing a picnic and I think I'll use this for my opportunity to make my Whip It Up dish. This will be a nice pasta dish. It looks like we have to get there pretty early, but I think it'll be fun. Is anyone else going? Want to meet up there? Let me know! We'll picnic together!!! :)

The first anniversary is traditionally the "paper" anniversary, or if you go modern, the clock. I am still deciding on what to get G, but I imagine it will involve books of some sort. I wonder what he will get me? Probably a book!

No comments: