Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Catching Up

There's a lot to catch up and I am very busy. So, this will be short and sweet!

Friday Fun with Ireland and Rylee


This is copied from my MySpace blog and edited. I added the pictures here for your enjoyment!


I just wanted to share some of my pics with you all. We have had the two girls since Thursday night and have had a lot of fun.


Right now they keep getting out of bed and coming to see what I'm doing. The next one is going to be IN BIG TROUBLE! (they are reading this as I type...brb)

OK, now that's settled and everyone's back in bed, on with the pictures! The girls and I spend Friday at the pool. We had a great time swimming and just hanging out. That night, we went to Chon Som and had Chinese and sushi.



Neither one was big on trying sushi, but they ate up all the chicken fried rice. We tried some chopstick lessons and made some improvements on that front. They are good sports!



After dinner, we took them out for gelato.


I must say, it was FAR better than my last run in with frozen dessert (see my other blog for the mint-chocolate chip disaster when Regan and Cody were here). The girls LOVED it and it was nice on such a warm day. I fell vindicated after the other disaster. :) Check this out!



Later that evening, I took the girls on a nature walk in our neighborhood. We had a nice time and I think they really enjoyed exploring the pond area.



We tried to save a duck that had a fish hook in it's mouth, but it decided it didn't want to be saved. G even came from home to help us out. The duck got away before we could rescue him. But, he was eating and swimming and not being picked on, so I feel a little better that he might make it through OK. We saw lots and lots and lots of turtles, too.




THEN (yes, I have kept them busy, busy, busy) we had a slumber party. We braided hair,

painted fingernails and toenails, popped some popcorn and watched Spider Man I (<- their choice...weird for little girls, but they were totally into it!). Even G watched it with us. Tomorrow, I take the girls home. I will update the Saturday and Sunday blog/pics/adventures when I can.


EDIT: I took the girls home yesterday and we were sad to see them leave. It's been a busy and fun summer with Regan, Cody, Rylee, and Ireland. We hope to have the other nieces and nephews at some point, but summer is so short and there's always so much to do. I hate that part!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute!