I have some ideas about what I'd like:
- something with a drop leaf
- something that doubles as a cutting table
- something that is re-purposed (like an old desk or table)
- something VERY sturdy - no wobbling allowed
- it doesn't have to be pretty because I can make it pretty
I've been really into rick-rack lately and I'd like to use it on some things. Maybe the new kitchen curtains I'm thinking about, the new apron I'd like to make and some of the quilts I am getting busy making as soon as I get my machine set up. I'm not that great at sewing it perfectly, but I did find a nice tutorial on how to do it properly, so I'll be sure to refer to it for guidance.
And now, for the Weekly Word Challenge! This weeks words are "Raw" and "Finished". I had a lot of great ideas about these words. I thought I'd showcase a disaster that sprang from our organic produce delivery - beet brownies! I hate beets; G loves them. We needed to use them so I thought I would try to compromise. It didn't work out so well. Not terrible, but I wouldn't make them again. Here are my photos:
Raw:
Finished:


6 comments:
Ok, beats and brownies, ew! They do make lovely pictures though :) Nicely done.
Step away from the brownies!
On the upside, the pictures are great. Especially the beets in the colander.
you are a brave soul, putting beets in brownies. I've put a lot of things in brownies, but never beets. lol
Those are very good photos & the beets give a great colour to the brownies. I'm with you on hating beets - you are a brave soul for even trying that.
Beat Brownies? LOL
Oh what the heck, I'd try them. The brownies do look rather yummy. ;-)
Great job on the WWC!
Ewwwwwwwwww.
My Mom tried her hand at beet cake one night. She was trying to introduce more veggies into my brothers' diet. It was not the huge hit she thought it would be. ;)
Post a Comment