Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Feel A Little Moulin Rouge Today

Compliante de la butte

La lune trop bleme pose un diademe sur tes cheveux roux
La lune trop rousse de gloire eclabousse ton jupon plein d'trous
La lune trop pale caresse l'opale de tes yeux blases
Princesse de la rue soit la bienvenue dans mon coeur brise

Chorus:
The stairways up to la butte
Can make the wreched sigh
While windmill wings of the moulin
shelter you and I

Original Song:
[Les escaliers de la butte sont durs aux misereux
Les ailes du moulin protegent les amoureux]
Petite mandigotte je sens ta menotte qui cherche ma main
Je sens ta poitrine et ta taille fine
J'oublie mon chagrin
Je sens sur tes levres une odeur de fievre de gosse mal nourri
Et sous ta caresse je sens une ivresse qui m'aneantit

Chorus:
The stairways up to la butte
Can make the wreched sigh
While windmill wings of the moulin
shelter you and I

Original Song:
[Les escaliers de la butte sont durs aux misereux
Les ailes du moulin protegent les amoureux]
Et voila qu'elle trotte la lune qui flotte, la princesse aussi
La da da da da da da da da da
Mes reves epanouis
Les escaliers de la butte sont durs aux misereux
Les ailes du moulin protegent les amoureux

English Translation:
The moon, all too fair, in your russet-red hair sets a sparkling crown
The moon, all too red with glory, is spread on your poor, tattered gown
The moon, all too white, caresses the light in your world-weary eyes
Princess of the street, do allow me to greet you, my broken heart cries
The steps of Montmartre, all uphill, are hardest on the poor
The sails of the mill, like wings, shelter all paramours
I feel, beggar-girl, your fetters, they curl as they seek out my wrists
I feel your young breasts, your thin little waist
I lose my regrets
I taste on your mouth the feverish breath of a half-starving waif
And with your caress I sense drunkenness erasing my life
The steps of Montmartre, all uphill, are hardest on the poor
The sails of the mill, like wings, shelter all paramours
And see how she skips, the moon how she drifts,
The princess in tow
Da da da da da da da da da da
My reveries grow
The steps of Montmartre, all uphill, are hardest on the poor
The sails of the mill, like wings, shelter all paramours



I'm feeling very Moulin Rouge today. Better than yesterday. Maybe the tropical depression moving away helped move off some of my post-SPANK depression. It's sunny and a little cooler today. I have made a few much needed phone calls today, done some household chores and plan to do some more. I feel productive today. Not at all like yesterday. Thank goodness. :)

Today is my nephew Ethan's birthday. He is ONE! He is so cute. And soooo sweet. What a loving boy. I need to finish his quilt. Maybe I'll finish cutting it out today, too. Maybe I'm bipolar...all of a sudden! LOL! I just think that SPANK did a lot for me personally. I know that unless you were part of it, it might be difficult to understand.

In fact, most people I know don't care near as much about their old friends as we do. I understand. My other HS friends...eh...not so much. But this was such a special group of people. It's unique in that is was/is SO BIG. And to have everyone (well, a good number of us, anyway) together again, was just amazing. It had been so long. And we almost all had survived....something I am sure we never thought would happen. The turnout was fantastic.

The love...the happiness...the never wanting it to end. Good times. And then the post-SPANK depression of back to the real world just sucks. However, those good times are keeping me riding high and will for a long, long time. They have kept me wishing to have this reunion for nearly 20 years. I call it a true success. I hope to have many, many, many more.

I know you'll tire of hearing of SPANK, but it's my blog, right? LOL There are TONS of pictures on our myspace page. New ones go up everyday. I love looking at them. I think it's good for those who couldn't make it either. They can see how everyone looks now, who all was there, etc.

OK, now on to different things.

Our garden is the pits. It's not doing well. The heat has really taken a toll on it. We are getting blooms on our transplanted tomatoes, though. So, we keep hoping for some tomatoes to actually appear! I think everything else is about done or dead. We are going to do some different planters when these plants go to seed, so I'm sort of ready for them to die anyway.

Well, I need to make it to the post office sometime today, so I better run. I hope that you are having a great day, with little to no depression - tropical, post-SPANK, or other. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish for that kind of relationship with my high school friends. There is one in particular that I am still that close with but all the rest are by the wayside unfortunately and it makes me sad. I wish I could see the one I am close with all the time. I miss her a lot.