Wednesday, August 6, 2008

So FRUSTRATED!!!

I am trying to figure out what classes to sign up for in the fall. I am supposed to start grad school again in three weeks. This has been such a rough road to get here...it has been HURRY HURRY HURRY....wait. Ignore. No info. Wrong info. No answer. ugh.

I had just about given up when I got the letter saying I had been accepted. YIPPEE! That made my wavering decision fall to the "yes" side of the fence. However, I never heard another peep from them. Not a word. I had left a few messages, but no word back. So today I call and get the "oh you need to talk to _________" run-around. I get this a lot from them. Pass the buck. Thanks guys.

I eventually talk to Dr. Yoder. She is the dean of my program. She is who I am supposed to look up to and model my nursing after. She has been nothing but full of wrong and useless info from the start, but I figure since she's been here just short of a year...maybe she's stressed out or overworked. I can give anybody the benefit of the doubt. It's hard being new.

Well today was it. I have had ENOUGH. NO MORE. NADA. I first had to leave her a message. She calls me back tells me my cell phone is terrible and then tells me she's not the person I need to talk to...don't I know that??? I say, "No...they told me to talk to you." She gets angry and tells me it's not her responsibility to tell me what classes to take. I'm thinking...ok...well, then whose is it? Aren't you my adviser? Yes? NO? I have no clue.

She goes on for a few about how she's tired of people thinking it's her job to do that. She's not here to run around and do their jobs all day. She had this happen more than one, two, three times and she's fed up. Then says she'll go get it straightened out and call me back. If I don't hear back from her, it's because the grad school doesn't know the info yet.

Well, I tell her they have all my info - transcripts/transfer paperwork from previous grad program/GRE scores/application/financial aid...it's all there. I just need to know which courses I should take. I don't want to take the two I am trying to transfer. She says she'll call back and get this "sorted out" and sorry I've had the "run around". So am I. I'm thinking...maybe she WAS stressed out but really...don't get pissy with me because you have to do a little leg work. It's your job, lady. I'm making it easy for you.

She calls me back and tells me a bunch of crap I already know about my transfer hours, student status, etc. I tell her I know all the stuff she's telling me (we talked about it a few hours ago...remember???), I just want to know WHAT CLASSES TO SIGN UP FOR IN THE FALL. I ONLY NEED TWO. THERE ARE FIVE TO CHOOSE FROM. TWO I'VE TAKEN BEFORE. That leaves three to choose from...which two does she want me to pick...I mean FUCK! How fucking hard is that?????????????? CHOOSE TWO AND SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!

She basically tells me if I had put my application in on time I wouldn't have these problems.

SSSSCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH.



I stop her right there. I'm done with her and this convo. SHE told me to put it in. SHE told me I was the kind of student they were looking for and she could get me in to her program in the fall, no problem. I'm sure you'll find a blog from sometime back then that says something to that effect. SHE told me to take the GRE as soon as possible. SHE told me all my hours should transfer, even though I don't think they will. I reminded her of all this and she called me a liar. She said she wanted to get it clear in writing that I am wrong. WHAT THE FUCK EVER.

She can kiss my Bachelor's degree having ass if she thinks she's going to treat me like that. I told her that in no way was she getting anything like that in writing. SHE must be mistaken. She clearly can't remember our conversation from a few hours ago, so why would she remember all the things she said before??? grrrrrr.... I told her that she clearly is not understanding what I am asking her or maybe not understanding what our conversations before meant. I told her perhaps she thinks I am saying more than I truly am, but I can assure her I am not. I only know what she encouraged me to do. I didn't even want to start until next fall...if that. I only went to her that day for INFORMATION. Not to enroll. That was her idea.

I think she made a lot of promises she couldn't keep, got in big trouble for it, and now is trying to cover her ass. I did call her boss and I am filing a complaint. I will not have her treat me like that. What kind of shit are they running over there????

Frustrated and not sure if she's going to school in a couple of weeks -
Betty O

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, what a fucking mess! That is terrible. Your advisor is absolutely supposed to help you through those decisions. If she's not actually your advisor that's one thing, but to just be an utter wench and then want to "get it in writing" that she's not going to help you? WHAT IS THAT?