Thursday, September 11, 2008

Evacuation Central

Hey, if you want to evacuate, you can do so here. We are taking evacuees. :) And we're way more fun than a hotel! WOO HOO!!! This means my Houston peeps!!!! Don't get blown away by Ike (Turner) the Hurricane, OK? You can come here...Rev. Betty O Rockers Hurricane Shelter and Tattoo Parlor. We also make pancakes, are a cat shelter, and sell handmade goods. It's a lot of fun! :) Just let me know. They are closing the schools down early tomorrow in Austin to account for all the evacuation traffic, so I'll be around. Give me a shout and come on down, over, or up.

My stomach is feeling MUCH MUCH better tonight....I'm back to about 80% of good. I fixed it with a shit ton of olive oil, rosemary focaccia, fried mozzarella, calamari, and tomato/basil bruschetta. YUMMY! MY FAVORITES!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just needed about 2 lbs more garlic and I would have been happy. :) Our waiter had hair that looked like he cut it using a salad bowl...sort of scalloped around the edges....way too fancy for just a chili bowl hair cut! I was a little in awe of it. G didn't like it...but I thought you had to have a certain panache to pull off such great/awful hair. And he was very...sort of snobby-cool-beatnik-ish. I thought he was awesome! And maybe all of 18 years old.

We went to Whole Foods afterward and I picked up some new vitamins. G picked up some TVP (texturized vegetable protein....god if you thought we weren't hippies before....) and some more bulk dried food for the apocalypse. I was looking through the non-gluten bread area - as I am wont to do- when I ran across some erotic pumpernickel. It had a picture of a couple about to kiss or in a romantic embrace....it's bread, people! I wonder what THEY are doing with it. I was going to make a sandwich, but I thought maybe I've been doing it wrong! No wonder I don't enjoy it as much as I could. I'm doing it wrong! EPIC FAIL!

We are all stocked up on foods and stuff in case we get a category 100MILLION hurricane at Casa Vest. So if you need to weather storm further inland, please let me know. DUSTI, MOTHER, TORI, THIS MEANS YOU ESPECIALLY - but absolutely not limited to...

Alright, I need to hit the hay. It'll be a long if not hectic day tomorrow.

Shannon is still planning on coming down for the weekend, I believe, so we are looking forward to that. We'll get to hang with Brandon, Big Daddy and maybe Dora and LD if they are free. :)

All right....good night sweet hearts, well it's time to go. Adieu.

1 comment:

Cortney said...

you crack me the hell up.
A) i have always KNOWN you were hippies
B)i am salavating at your dinner. Please make some sort of meal for your poor friend sometime soon.

Love you.