Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday is Good (37/365)

I am so happy today is Friday. Each Friday gets a little sweeter. I love that I can go home and stay up late (although I usually am out by 10), sleep in (up by 7), and not worry about what I'm going to wear tomorrow or what I'm going to take for lunch. Ahhhhh. Sweet Fridays. How I love thee.

This week I have really been trying to organize my offices and change things up a bit. I rearranged some of the furniture at my middle school office - giving us more space to move around. Our office is about the size of a jail cell - minus the toilet and sink. Teeny. Tiny. But, we do have a HUGE window, so that's nice. In fact, my office is about the width of one and 1/2 regular-sized windows and only about twice as long. So small. Why did they put me in the closet? ...With a desk, two filing cabinets, a refrigerator and a scale. Not to mention CABINETS that take up half the space. We are one cramped space here. But at least I have an office of my own. Last year, at one of my schools, I only had an "area". It was sort of a hallway between the office and the bathroom/teacher work room. That sucked.

Today I decided to wear a pretty ruffly top and sparkly shoes. I put on make up. I pampered myself in the shower to a nice foot spa and deep conditioned my hair. I may give myself a pedicure tonight. I fixed my computer (I think!) and watched TV. I didn't pay my bills but I am going to as soon as I get done doing this. I didn't exercise as much as I would have liked, but I got a little work out in. :) Hey, we do what we can, right.

I may go up to the trail today and walk. I want to feel good about wearing a bathing suit this summer. I don't expect to be in bikini shape ever again. I'm not counting it out, of course, just not expecting it. But I'd like to feel presentable in a nice one piece, with more definition in my arms and less jiggle in my thighs. I don't have to be perfect, just less of the mess that I am right now.

I have also been thinking on my next tattoo. I had some great things in mind at the end of last year before my Prague trip. However, I have since changed some things up and think I want something different. I am glad I didn't get it done. You know, you always have to be certain before you do something like that. Or at least I do. Small tweaks, but I think they'll really make my tattoo what I want it be. Now, when I win the 171 million dollar lottery tonight, I'll be able to pay for it.

Grace in small things:
1. This ruffly shirt that makes me feel so girly
2. pink sequins
3. Frida Kahlo sticky notes
4. not being hungry
5. Avon concealer that covered those ever-present dark circles under my eyes

I hope that you have a great weekend and enjoy some of this warm weather. It's unseasonably warm and probably due to global warming. But, I guess that means they'll open the pools earlier and we can drink pina coladas and daquiris all year round! Tiny umbrellas for everyone! :)

No comments: