I have been looking so forward to Spring Break. I mean, seriously forward to it. I really need a vacation from this job: the bitchy office staff, the kids (oh my god, the kids...please go away unless you are really sick or hurt - stop farting in my office; stop peeing on yourself ON PURPOSE, stop using my office as an excuse to get out of class...I WON'T GIVE YOU A PASS, stop making f'n sound effects and beat boxes as you walk down the hall...you aren't a robot, a super hero or a rapper...), the never ending cycle of stupid paperwork that ends up in the garbage anyway. I hate you care plans. You are stupid. I need a break from my underling, too, which is driving me nuts. I have enough of my own problems right now. I don't need to deal with yours, too. And by the way, DO YOUR FRIGGIN' WORK ALREADY! DON'T MAKE ME WRITE YOU UP! SH!T!!!!*whew* rant over for now
(I would like to say that we have some great teachers at this same campus with the heinous office staff. I like them a lot. They are great teachers and great as people. So it's not all woe-is-me and bad vibes)
SXSW is coming up over Spring Break and I plan to take advantage of my free time and see some shows. I don't know what all I'll get in to, but if you are going to wristband-free/badge-free shows, let me know. Maybe we can meet up downtown. I'll probably be by myself (per usual), so I'll be pretty flexible. I haven't been downtown just grown-up stuff in a while. It'll be nice.
I need to go to the beach. I've decided I need a little beach vacation. Waves. Warm sand. Fruity drinks. Sun on my skin. Swims in the water to cool my skin. Flip-flops, sarongs, and midnight fires. Ahhhhh.....who wants to go? :) I *thought* we were going to Mexico for Spring Break, and sure had my hopes set on it, but it looks like financially we can't do it right now. (see anti-grace #3) We are in the same boat as everyone else, it seems. T also made some other plans I just found out about, so I guess that "Surprise! We really are going!" trip I was secretly hoping for is out, too. :(
Grace in small things:
1. My B-12 supplements don't taste that bad
2. I had nightmares last night, too, but don't remember much about them
3. I found my work pager
4. We went to the grocery store last night, so we're stocked up for a bit
5. Tonight we are having salmon and I miss eating salmon so much!
anti-grace:
1. somebody doesn't know that when i put "OK to FILE" on a sticky note and attach it to a bunch of papers, it means "FILE THE BLOODY PAPERWORK NOW" and don't just leave it where it is for months on end because when I go to the FILE to look for it and it's not there....it really pisses me off and makes my job 10x more hard than it needs to be
2. when plans are made that affect me but I'm not consulted about them first; it's disrespectful and presumptuous and makes me feel like you are going behind my back - consult me first, then make plans.
3. not having enough money to do what i want to do
4. not having a little gate that goes from our patio to the parking area - having to walk around is a bia some days
5. having to go to the doctor again today; ugh. I get soooo tired of going to the f'n doctor.***************
You know, the new trend is for doctors to start making house calls again. I don't know if any of you have read about this, but some doctors, and patients as well, are fed up with the whole HMO business, too many patients, too many hours, not enough pay, too much say in what goes on, caps on this and that, blah blah blah. So, some docs are going to a new/old system of having way fewer patients; those patients pay the doctor a certain amount per year to be one of that doctor's primary patients. Then, the doctor is "on call" to that patient 24/7. The patient pays for labs/x-rays/meds at varying costs depending on the deal he has worked out with his doctor. So, if you have a case of upset stomach or unexplained fever, you call up Dr. Jones and say, "I don't feel well." to which he replies, "I'll be right over." and that's a good thing indeed!
I can't afford to pay $15,000 or more right now for this luxury, although what I pay for Rx and co-pays and insurance alone is pretty close to that as it is. Maybe more. But to pretty much have 24/7 access to a doctor, esp. in a case like mine, where I feel pretty gross a lot of the time and have a hard time getting all the docs on the same page with meds/lab results/symptoms/changes of treatment, it makes sense to have one centralized, holistic, caring person taking care of me who really knows wtf is going on. There's a doctor in Austin doing this now and they are popping back up all over the US. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. If I were wealthy (see anti-grace #3), I'd do this for sure.
Well, folks, I don't have much to say despite this long and boring blog on beaches and private doctors. I sure have expensive taste. Maybe one day I'll marry rich! ha ha ha Or get my HUGE inheritance. Come on mom! Cough up that cash! I know we're filthy rich and you're holding out. :) Why aren't I a trust fund baby???? :)
Are you watching American Idol? I have been. Tonight is the Wild Card show if you are keeping up with it. I sure like Ricky Braddy. He has a beautiful voice. I can't wait to see what he does tonight. And I'm sad Ju'not didn't make it through. I really enjoyed his "Hey There Delilah". But Alexis Grace? Meh. She won't last unless she steps it up! And as much as I like the blind guy, his vocals aren't great. Maybe once he is behind the piano I'll like it better. Close your eyes and listen to him sing. Would you buy his album???? Probably not. Lil Rounds is pretty decent and Danny (the guy who lost his wife) is good, too. I can't wait to see more from everyone. My life...is reduced to this. And trying to figure out why Rock of Love Tour Bus never records properly on the DVR. I always end up with Tool Academy. doh! me=pathetic
Have a great Thursday!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh man, my doctor would just have to move in. I feel like shit all the time it seems. FEH.
Post a Comment