I have been robbed! Stolen from! Violated! My SIM card was taken from my BlackBerry. THE NERVE. Can you believe that sh!t!!!! I know who did it, too. The only person to be left alone with my phone. Someone I thought I could trust. But we all know I have trust issues, so why would I trust ANYONE???!??!!!!!?!!!! hmpf.
The scene:
I had just been using my phone. Taking pictures, sending texts. I went to the bathroom and said, "Hey, -----, don't let anyone steal my phone, haha." When I came back, we bs'd for about 10 minutes before we left. When I picked up my phone...it wasn't working. I couldn't figure out why. It had been working perfectly just a few minutes before. I kept getting the hourglass turning....over and over and over and over.
I messed with it for a few minutes. Took the battery out right there on the desk...which involves taking off the gel cover, removing the back and then the battery. I didn't notice the SIM card missing at that time...neither did I note its presence, either. I just took the battery out for about 30 seconds so that the whole thing could reset because it wasn't working at all. I put the battery back in, the back cover back on, the gel cover back on, and then.....hour glass, hour glass, hour glass, hour glass....same thing.
So when I got to my car, I finally pushed enough buttons on it for it to tell me to insert my SIM card. I was like "WTF?????" And then I knew I had been taken robbed. Some comments about my phone carrier had been made as we were walking out the door...like "So you use T-Mobile, right?" Obvious now. And other comments about issues with this person's account and how it was going to be shut off. Duh. I'm a such a sucker. Well, I guess I should know better than anyone you can't trust anyone but yourself.
Luckily for me, T-Mobile sent me a new SIM card with my BlackBerry. I had my old SIM card in at the time of the theft. So when I got home, I popped the new one in, called T-Mobile, had them cancel the old one and ended up getting $50 a month knocked off my bill for being such a loyal customer! :) I didn't lose any data either (not that I am aware of yet). All my pics and phone book contacts are still intact. They were stored on both the phone and the SIM. I am sooo lucky on this one, guys. So, so lucky.
Now, what should I do about it....the theft? I will not tolerate being stolen from. That is unacceptable. I'm not talking like I'm going to do anything illegal here, of course, but I have to find some recourse. I have 1/2 confronted the person and told them my SIM card is missing and the time it went missing and asked them to look and report back to me what they found. I have only heard that it wasn't in the office area and that the office had been cleaned really well - in fact - the floors had even been polished. First time all year. Interesting.
Said person was going to "look" in the area in which I walked out to my car yesterday, but of course I haven't heard back. I'll keep you updated. I told this person that the SIM was deactivated already and that I would be able to trace any calls or texts that were made from it. I told them I just really wanted my contact list off of the card - the only reason I really wanted it back - otherwise it was useless. I told said person that I was going to press charges on whomever it was that stole it. Hopefully that is enough to get my point across.
Grace in small things:
1. having an extra SIM card at the ready
2. getting $50 off my phone bill each month!
3. TAKS testing....
4. big warm hugs
5. Trav making the coffee (I know I've used this one before, but it really is a great thing). THANK YOU!
anti-Grace:
1. having your SIM card stolen
2. wanting to drink the whole bottle of wine
3. having another nightmare
4. having to go to the doctor two times this week
5. TAKS testing.....it's a love / hate thing
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
STOLEN! and some Grace 41/365
Labels:
anti-grace,
blackberry,
grace,
phone,
SIM,
stolen,
T-Mobile,
theft
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
UGH. I HATE THIEVES. BUY YOUR OWN SHIT.
they'll have bad kharma.. and then they'll have things stolen from them so ha...
that was me. mindybelle. :)
Post a Comment