Monday, April 12, 2010

Punishment and Happiness

Mother Nature is punishing me. She doesn't really like my nasal passages at all. She is trying to kill me w/sinus pain and pressure. But I know her kryptonite! Benadryl, ibuprofen, a plastic bubble, and some kind of military respirator. :) In. Your. Face. MN.

I have another orthodontist appt tomorrow. They are going to re-re-fix one of my back brackets and put a band on one of my teeth. I hope they change out the rubber bands, too. I hate when they feel "old". My teeth have already moved some and the gap in front is closed. I'm hoping this means things are moving quickly and it won't be 18 months (I'll be 40 in 18 months OMG people) until I get them off. Wish me luck.

Work is going well. Winding down for the end of the year. Lots of fun stuff planned w/school activities. Buddy Day, End of Year Bowling/Work Party, LOTS of luncheons, some trainings, and I'm hoping jeans day more often than Friday. A girl can dream, no? :) :) :) (<- it really is the simple things in life)

Saturday I took a CPR Instructor course. Next Saturday I will be teaching a class (monitored) so I can be officially checked off and be a fully certified instructor!~ :) That will count as one of the four CPR courses I have to teach in a two year period. I am hoping to teach many more. I really like it and I think it's so vitally important. I can teach anyone (after I'm certified officially) so let me know if you'd like a class. I hope to be able to teach all my staff members. Wouldn't it be great if everyone on campus was CPR certified??? :)

My love life is pretty much nil right now. Travis is out of the picture, I guess. He hasn't talked to me in about two weeks. He is angry at me...but I can never understand his logic. I guess it's for the best. I mean, I KNOW it is, but my heart and my brain may never agree on this matter. So we'll call it a draw and move forward. I did meet a really cute fireman at my CPR class. Nothing happened, but if I have to have a seizure in RR to see him....well, I'm just saying... LOL!!!!

I am feeling pretty happy, but a little tentative about life right now. I am not sure where things are headed, but I feel like in a good direction. I am totally broke (I have $4.08 in the bank until payday on the 25th), but I know it will get better. Hopefully I'll have some weddings to do this summer and some CPR classes and make up the difference. It'd be nice to get a couple more things paid off and only have my school loans and braces to worry about. I do feel blessed, though.

I have a group of AMAZING friends. Friends who understand when I need more "me time" than most. Friends who understand that I can be high-maintenance every once in a while, but am always there for them...no matter what. Thankful that I have a great family, who, like all families, have their ups and downs...their fights and make-ups...their faults and all their good qualities. I know my life could be a whole lot worse...but I am actually happy for the first time in a LONG time. Not 100% happy, but pretty dang close. And OPTIMISTIC! I think that's the biggest change. Hope for a better tomorrow. It's nice.

Well, I don't have much else going on, other than needed to work out and not wanting to. I may go lay by the pool...even at this late hour. Or go for a walk. I need some more "me time". Hope you all are doing well.

No comments: