Monday, June 16, 2008

Painting


G and I bought some paint today. Our aim: repaint the kitchen cabinets! YIPPEE!!!! I have the hardware picked out and everything! I'm so excited!!! I hate the cabinets we have now and we just can't afford to replace them now, nor do we have the time. So a paint job it its!

I also have some paint samples for the bathroom. We have some pretty solid ideas but no winner yet. I did get a new shower curtain today at IKEA. I love that store. As often as I change my mind about things, they can sure come through in a pinch.




This picture is so fuzzy, but you can check it out on their website if you are REALLY interested.

Mr. Jingles goes back to the vet tomorrow for a check-up. He still has a spot on his lip and his foot looks just a tad better. I'm not sure that all this fuss we've been making (i.e. taking/giving medicine, drooling, hair loss, vomiting, running away every time I come in a room, knocking my glasses of water over...hmpf!) is really worth the effort. He doesn't seem to be that much better. :(

I made the lamb we bought at the farmers market for dinner tonight. Big props to Keli for the recipe help with the rosemary (which I used from my front yard!). It was absolutely delicious! G couldn't say enough good things about it - that is - after he got through chewing. I would have shown you a picture of this pastoral feast, but it's all gone and we were too hungry to wait for a photo-op. You'll have to take my word that it was as beautiful as it was delicious!

I also got a pretty cool recipe for Cole Slaw (which I really, really love). I have some cabbage, but I don't want to make a huge bowl of it. G won't eat it and I don't want it to go to waste. Any takers? Does anybody else want some?

Fitness boot camp/Celebrity Fit Club update: I have been doing lots of working out in the yard and walking here, there, and everywhere - but scheduled exercise...well, I'm afraid I've been lacking. I need to start working those arms some more. We are going to dig up a few our tomato plants tomorrow and put them in pots. We think they need more sun.

We've grown exactly three tomatoes all season. Two were picked too soon (oops!) and didn't do so well. I've told you about the third one, so...we are keeping our fingers crossed this move is beneficial. If not, well, we weren't getting any tomatoes anyway. I'll let you know how it goes.

Also, it's that time of year I'll have the nieces and nephews down, so we are going to pay the dues and join our community center so we can swim and such. That should help, too. AND it'll be fun for everyone.

That's all for today kids. Hope you all have had a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our cabinets are painted and boy does it help! I just need to get them sealed and the hardware on, so it's been a year since we moved in. I'll get round to it eventually :)