IT WAS REALLY GREAT! I think they sounded good all-in-all. It was a little surreal to see them clean and sober (I'm speaking for myself here....not about them). Stubb's SOLD OUT and packed to the gills. A lot of our friends from HS were there and it was cool to see them so soon after SPANK. :) In fact, I got to see Martin -whom I didn't see at SPANK - who is the person who introduced me to the Butthole Surfers. He doesn't remember that...he says that time of his life is fuzzy....HAHAHA....no doubt! :) It was for everyone! But I remember going over to his house and hearing them and thinking WOW! This shit is cool!!!! And became an instant fan. So it was cool I got to see them again with Martin. It was like coming full circle.
I got a t-shirt that has WAY too much ink from the silk screening process on it. It's THICK. I hope it softens some in the was rather than cracks. I'm going to be pissed if it does. But what can you do...
I was informed that I don't blog enough on here anymore...and it's true. I don't. I've been very preoccupied with other things going on in my life and haven't really felt like talking or writing or venting much. I know it's therapeutic, but sometimes I just don't have much to say. And other times....well...you get the long blog. It's like a dong arm...only different.
Let's see what's happening in my world:
Birthdays coming up: me, Shannon, BJ, Travis Wyatt, Talitha, Joe Mitchie, Ryan Ford - October babies are the coolest!~
Mini-Spank - the weekend of Oct 10 - we are headed out to Momo's on Friday night for the Joseph King show and to chill out, relax, have some drinks with all our SPANKers. This is a good venue for that because we can take over the patio on the roof deck and actually TALK to each other! :) Plus it'll be good music. Win-win!
The weekend of the 18th Milky Soul (Joey Ward's [Gibson]) band from L.A. and The Tomorrow People (Gordon Gibson w/Trey Scholz) are playing at the Creekside Lounge here in the ATX. Lots of SPANKers will be at this event, as well. Come one, come all! It should be a GREAT show!!!! I know I am super excited to see both bands.
November and December is where my plans are in limbo. I need some money. money money money. :) I have set my sights on Prague for Christmas this year. I want to spend my Christmas with Melinda, Lolo and Britt. I promised her a year and half ago I would try to make it over this Christmas and I really want to do that. I know the economy has taken a huge dump since then, but this is still my goal. G and are figuring out what we need to do to make it happen.
Melinda will actually be in the States in November for Thanksgiving. She'll be in Phoenix. G said I could fly there and visit her, no problem. But if I want to go to Prague for Christmas, I'd much rather save that money and use it toward my Christmas trip. Plane tickets are around 1500 or slightly less. 1300 or so last week when I checked. I am sure I can find a little cheaper, but I still have some shopping to do.
IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS, HINTS, IDEAS - please let me know. I'd love to hear what you have to say. Any experiences flying overseas, specific airlines to avoid or that you recommend? fare saving ideas? you know...general stuff like that.
We'll stay with Brit and Melinda while we are there, so we won't have to have a hotel. We'll just need money for meals and souvenirs, train fares, etc. I'll have to see what we'll need money for! :) I'm really excited! AND I'll get a stamp in my passport! :) :) :)
Ok, that's all for right now. Michael stayed with us this weekend and we are so happy to have had him as our guest. We don't ever get to spend enough time with him when we go to Abilene. So, I'm glad he's here! I know G is, too. He doesn't get to see enough of his good friends.
I hope you all had a great weekend. Let me know what YOU'VE been up to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
How fabulous, Prague at Christmas?! I hope you are able to swing that!
Post a Comment