Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Grace 6/365 - Ice - Sushi

This one is hard today. I'm not feeling very graceful or grateful or happy. In fact, quite the opposite. But here goes nothing:

1. Not having lice
2. Not having cedar fever like almost everyone else in Austin
3. Having extra clothes in the office for kids who pee their pants
4. Surprise cake in the break room (nobody told me, of course, but I found it anyway!)
5. Knowing that someone has patience with me beyond measure, especially on days like yesterday when everything felt pretty bad and I couldn't control it

It's getting cold again outside. I like that. I think this weather is wearing on me, though. Hot. Cold. Wet. Dry. I need some seasons. When did Texas weather start to bother me??? I think this job is wearing on me. I need some freedom. And some money. You can usually have one, but not the other. I am trying to find that place where I feel like I have both...or enough of both to feel comfortable. Enough of both to get over this thorn that keeps poking me in the back and making me want to 'get on with it already'.

Travis and I are going to make some sushi this week. :) That makes me very happy. Now, of course, I don't know that there will be any raw fish involved in this sushi making experience, but you never know. Probably just California rolls and the like for now. I've rolled sushi before, back when I lived in Dallas. Norma taught me how. She learned when she lived in Japan. So maybe some of those *almost* authentic sushi rolling/creating/making skills I learned back then will come in handy. It's been a long time. I'm allergic to most of the fish I like in sushi anyway, so it'll most likely be vegetable and cream cheese varieties. I'm hungry right now thinking about it!

I also found something actually named Chocky. And it's not as good as it SHOULD be with a name like that, but dipped in Nutella, it ain't half bad. :)

No comments: