Sunday, March 22, 2009

55-59/365 Graces and such

I am WAAAAAY behind on these...mostly due to computer issues and lack of wanting to do anything but chillax over Spring Break.

I went downtown to catch a little SXSW action last night. I saw a few good bands and that was pretty cool. I saw my friend Ryan Holley play, which I hadn't seen since this summer, so that was nice. He is an AMAZING musician. Why doesn't he have a record deal yet???? The world may never know. :)

Lynn, Quinn, Scotty, CJ, little Jake and the rest, it was good to see them, too, and hang out for a bit. And I got to meet a few new friends, as well. AND I got to catch up some of the goings on since I've last been out. I sure missed seeing Tonya and Stacie. Seems like a lot of us have gone our separate ways and have had relationship issues - both good and bad. Must be something in the freakin' air. But isn't it amazing how music can bring us back together? Even if only for one show? :)

Graces: warning! there's a lot!
1. music
2. old friends
3. new friends
4. t-shirts that make me feel warm and happy
5. this beautiful Sunday morning
6. phone calls from my friends
7. e-mails from Prague
8. babies on the way (not for me, thank you very much!)
9. clean laundry
10. a clean apt.
11. food left for me so I didn't have to cook
12. BB Instant Messenger - now if I can only get those danged requests to work out right!
13. feeling pretty
14. a temporary computer fix - THANK YOU
15. someone to fix my old computer or at least pull my info off! thank YOU, too!!!!
16. living in such a vibrant city who can pull of SXSW year after year! SUCK IT ABILENE! (no offense Mindybelle)
17. watching the bats at dusk - there must be a colony nearby... I have been sitting on the patio watching them all week long...I LOVE IT!
18. feeling like I'm making progress on starting a new career - or part-time new career
19. knowing it's all downhill from Spring Break...come on Summer Break! I NEED YOU!
20. burning incense that makes me feel calm and soothed
21. chocky!!!
22. a good night's rest with no more nightmares...the serotonin withdrawals are over...now, let's get those bad boys back to where they SHOULD be! That's what I'm talking about!
23. not feeling like I want to drink a bottle or two of wine a night to calm my nerves...or the equivalent of beer, either. :)
24. the breeze blowing throw the open window right this very second....it's fabulous!
25. having the inside scoop! :)

Blitter: I'm going to sit on the patio for a few more minutes before I clean off this messy desk of mine!

Hope you have a great Sunday! Mom and Randy are going to see ZZ Top today. I wish I were there to hear "La Grange". I bet Kierstyn does, too. She loved that as a baby. It'd put her right to sleep. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We wish you'd have been with us too. We had a great time just wondering around before the rodeo. I got a new black hat, that I think is really cute. One of my AE's that was at the concert told me I "looked cute as a button." The concert was good, but the sound system in Reliant is horrible. Gosh, THEY have gotten old. Come go with us to the next concert!! Love You