Last night I went to a themed cocktail party with some friends. It was a lot of fun! It was a 60's/70's theme. We had fondue, mini quiches, mini fillet mignons (on a stick!), mini cream puffs, and all the cocktails your mind can come up with! I had Bellinis. Only two, because I had to drive.
Then the winds came. And I started getting a headache. I only brought a small clutch with me and not my big purse, so all me headache/migraine medicine was at home. I had to leave early because my head was POUNDING. But I had a good time while I was there. And of course, today I know why my head hurt. COLD FRONT. I am a HUMAN BAROMETER. :)
Here are some pics from the party!
(more people showed up but weren't dressed up, so they didn't get their picture made. Risa was there but she was our photographer. She was dressed like Laverne and was adorable!)
Dora, Ryan, me - Abilene Trouble!
HEY! We aren't ready for the picture yet!
Cocktails? Cocktails? YES! Please.Grace:
1. being invited to a party
2. meeting new people
3. dressing up for a theme party! that was fun!
4. seeing my friends
5. not spending any money and having a really good time
6. making plans to do more theme parties
7. talking about the future and not arguing about it
8. a t-shirt that smells so good
9. feeling peaceful on a Sunday
10. my headache is much better (but my nose is runny!) :)
Blitter: I need to take out the trash and the recyclables. They are overflowing.
Needs: I need a new keyboard. My space bar is sticking. I need a new computer. I need the IRS to make a decision PDQ so I know WTF is going on. I need summer to get here. I need some positive answers. I need more happiness and less harshness. I need more trust. I need more coffee. I need to lose some more weight. I need to stop smoking again (but the doctor says when my meds are at full strength the desire will pass and if not, we'll work on it then. She knows it's stress related). I need a pedicure. I need to get some phone calls and some jobs to do from this process serving business. I need extra cash because I have bills to pay and things I WANT to do/NEED to do.
Wants: I want some new shoes. I want some new clothes. I want to go to the beach. I want to be happy with the man I love. I want the garbage and recyclables to take themselves out. I want to meet more people and make new friends. I want to see more of my old friends. I want to have MY OWN theme party. (I love having parties!) I want everyone to be happy and healthy and have no worries. I want to have all my extraneous bills paid off within the next two years (and I think I can do it!!!! But only if I try really hard and the bottom doesn't fall out from under me). I want smaller pores. I want perkier breasts. I want this dang ol' wind to stop blowing!
I hope you have a good Sunday doing whatever it is you are doing. I'm going to do some things around the house and then who knows what. Probably nothing. It's too freakin' windy!




No comments:
Post a Comment