Apparently April 3rd is Argue With The School Nurse Day. Who knew? I guess the students and parents who won't shut their stinkin' pie holes long enough to realize they are WRONG. Seriously. How many years of medical experience d0 YOU have? You poke a kid in the eye and make his eyeball bleed, you take him to the doctor so he doesn't go BLIND. Right? RIGHT. But NOPE! You ARGUE WITH THE NURSE THAT HE CAN STILL SEE SO HE'S OK!
You don't bring updated immunization records to school, and then they don't get entered in the computer. So, your kid gets to go home and miss school for being delinquent on his shots. What do you do??? You call the nurse up and ARGUE WITH HER that it's her fault we didn't have the information. The doctor did. Why didn't we? duh. Well because you never gave it to us. Well apparently "it's all on you" (meaning me) "and not on me, then" (meaning her). Uhm. Ok. Fine. Whatever. Bring the records next time. I'm not your doctor's office and we don't have a super secret world wide computer data base with everyone in the world's immunization information. Sorry.
And hey, if your stomach hurts, don't try to poop, or lay down, or eat some crackers. Just tell me that you need to call your mom. If I say no, then say you'll just go to the AP. Go ahead. You're still not going home. Do what I say and if that doesn't work, we'll see about going home. You don't have a fever; no vomiting; no diarrhea; you've eaten lunch. But if you come to MY office for MY help, then do what I say. Don't sit and argue with me. Don't eventually go lay down and then ask for a pencil so you can draw and then go ask to get a book because you are bored. GO BACK TO CLASS!!!! Seriously....two hours with this one. TWO HOURS.
I have spent half the day with arguing kids/parents and the other half divided between CPS phone calls/issues and delinquent immunizations. I'm pooped. I wish I had a loving, warm environment to go home to. That would be really nice on a day like today. :(
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment