Sunday, July 19, 2009

Healing

Today I feel MUCH better. A huge sense of relief has washed over me. I am doing a-ok, so thank you to those who are out there and are still my true friends. You are the ones who know what my relationship with Travis has done to me and how dearly it has cost me. To those who aren't so keen on me anymore, you weren't really MY friend to begin with and good riddance to you as well.

Yes, I am lonely. But no, I am not alone. I have the best family and friends that surround me, comfort me, protect me and love me for me. And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that. And now that he is out of my life - the poison is gone - I have the opportunity to regain my own self respect and make myself well again. I have the opportunity to truly meet Mr. Right, which I wouldn't have had continuing in the toxic relationship I had with Travis.

There will always be a part of me that cares for him. And I know I will always be physically attracted to him. But hopefully those feelings will fade, like an old scar, and I'll be able to move on productively. This past year has really taken a lot out of me both physically and mentally. It's time I got ME back. Because you know what? I'm pretty awesome!

1 comment:

The Bolerjack-Rowlands said...

I know we aren't as close as we used to be, but I hope you still consider me a friend!!! I know I still do you!