I am just not into it. Even though I am going to Mom's today, I still feel like it's just the weekend and I have too much to do and not enough energy. I've tried relaxing and really focusing on the positives of these past few months. My summer was TERRIBLE...I'd say second worst one of my life (1st being Zac's death). So I feel pretty lucky and blessed to be here today...in a good spot...making good changes for myself. I have a great job, made some really awesome new friends, almost have the car paid off, enjoying my apt and Indie each day. I have some things I need to work on still, but they are do-able.
Last year at this time, I was in Prague, Czech Republic with my cousin and her family and T. I had the best time there. It's hard to believe it's been a whole year. SO much has happened, but it seems like only yesterday I was there, in the snow, in the Christmas Market - drinking svajak, seeing the sights, soaking it all up. What I wouldn't give for a side trip to Budapest right now and a dip in the Turkish Baths. Aaaahhhhh...that would be HEAVEN! {side note: I'd be more prepared this time with big towels, flip flops, and a robe. Frozen marble hurts like a bitch on your bare feet!}
I never make "resolutions" for the New Year...I make goals. I never stick to resolutions anyway. And I hate NYE more than any holiday. It really sucks for me. Ugh. Last year's NYE in Wenceslas Square was the best one EVER and I know I'll never be able to top it. It was so exciting. Not sure what I'm going to do this NYE. I have been thinking about my "goals" for the upcoming year - although they could change at any time.
Here are some I'm thinking about:
- do the 5K in February
- make exercise a part of my weekly routine (find a workout buddy or something)
- stay on top of my bills better
- get most of my small debt paid off
- plan a trip somewhere I've never been - preferably overseas or maybe the Caribbean
- try really hard to be more happy with myself and enjoy my life
I think I can do these things. Not unattainable. We will see.
The air is getting colder as I sit here. I hope it gets super cold. I need that to help boost my spirits (and dampen my allergies). The final load is almost dry. I need to get off my booty and get to getting. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. Be safe if you are traveling. And send some Christmas spirit my way. I could sure use it!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment